Current Job Openings
Title: Senior Consultant
Department: Consulting Services
Reports to: Director of Consulting Services
Status: Full-time position
About the Opportunity
Mission Capital is seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Consulting Services Team. The ideal candidate is an insightful strategist and an outstanding communicator who will bring a unique point-of-view and diverse perspectives. This individual will also bring experience in consulting, the Central Texas social sector and nonprofit community, and a demonstrated passion for solving community problems. In addition, they will be successful in engaging diverse stakeholders in achieving consulting project goals.
The Senior Consultant will lead projects with nonprofit organizations through project management, meeting and retreat facilitation, research and analysis, interviews and focus groups, and serving as a trusted advisor to consulting clients. Responsibilities will include managing projects and project teams, business development, and contributing as a thought leader to the consulting services team.
About Mission Capital
You’re on a mission. You’re invested in our community. You want to be part of something meaningful. You want to see change happen. So do we. Mission Capital provides the networks, tools, and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change. We combine human, financial, intellectual, social, and political capital to fuel the work of nonprofits, funders, philanthropists, businesses, and government.
Last year we worked alongside dozens of nonprofits and organizations, provided training to more than 1,500 professionals, engaged thousands more through our online membership community, and provided a variety of other services that contribute to solving complex community problems.
We have a healthy organizational culture that values collaboration, service excellence, trust, learning, innovation and connectedness. Our dedicated staff of professionals has contributed to our strong growth over the past four years.
- Aligned values and beliefs with the mission of Mission Capital and a strong understanding of the Central Texas nonprofit community
- A combination of education and experience in consulting, nonprofit administration, business, marketing, development, finance, or similarly related areas
- 5+ years of experience consulting, preferably in two sectors including nonprofit, government, and for-profit environments
- Proven record of leading diverse and complex projects to successful completion on time and on budget
- Experience with public speaking and group facilitation for clients and/or community leaders
- A respectful and collaborative approach to fostering partnerships with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced, fluid environment with multiple goals and deadlines
- High emotional intelligence
- Extensive knowledge of the Central Texas nonprofit landscape
- Advanced higher education studies in business, marketing or related program
- Direct consulting experience with a consulting firm (for-profit or nonprofit)
- Experience working across sectors (nonprofit, philanthropy, business, government)
- Experience working with nonprofit finance and operations at a leadership level
- Experience working with boards of directors on complex governance and management issues
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
Direct Consulting (65%)
- Provide consulting on client engagements within the defined scope of work and project budget, serving as lead consultant with one or multiple staff
- Establish and maintain strong ongoing relationships with Mission Capital’s clients, members and other stakeholders
- Have a strong knowledge of the Central Texas nonprofit community in order to bring perspective of needs to clients.
- Lead, manage and support teams of staff, board and volunteer leaders throughout the project
- Analyze situations and issues, offering constructive, objective and actionable recommendations
- Assist the client in implementing recommendations/solutions and ensuring the client receives the necessary assistance to make projects successful
- Communicate with the client to keep them informed of progress, make relevant decisions and serve as a trusted adviser
Business Development (25%)
- Build strong relationships with the Central Texas social sector, including nonprofit organizations, and gain extensive knowledge and understanding of the challenges they face
- Field inquiries about prospective projects and clients
- Conduct initial meetings with prospective clients and assist in evaluating engagements opportunities
- Engage in the nonprofit community through connections to develop opportunities for business
- Identify and cultivate new business to meet consulting revenue goals, translating requests for information into contracts for projects when appropriate
- Build and maintain current industry knowledge of the social impact ecosystem both generally and within 1 – 2 specific focus areas such as Mergers and Acquisitions and Business Growth Planning
General/Other Support (10%)
- Participate as a full member of Mission Capital’s team, attend staff meetings, participate at Mission Capital’s community events, and coordinate collaborative activities with other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned
WHY DO YOU WANT TO WORK AT MISSION CAPITAL?
At Mission Capital, employees work in a mission-driven and inspiring work environment with meaningful values. They understand that their position matters to the organization, their team members but most importantly to our community. You’re not just filling a role; you’re contributing to an organization that provides the tools and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change. Leadership not only treats employees with a high level of respect but enjoys developing team members to be prepared for future opportunities within or outside of the organization.
Employees have access to some exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base nonprofit compensation + variable bonus based on performance of the company
- Employer-paid base medical plan
- Dental/Vision/FSA Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee wellness incentives
- Onsite fitness facility
- Retirement plan
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Excellent work/life balance with flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- Fun company teambuilding events
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mission Capital is an Equal Opportunity employer that offers positions with varying skill levels and responsibilities that amplify our mission. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
General office environment with low to moderate noise level. Work is generally sedentary in nature but requires standing and walking for up to 15% of the time. Occasional work required outside of normal business hours.
To apply, please submit PDFs of your cover letter, resume, and three professional references by clicking the "Apply for This Job!" button above.