Current Job Openings
Program Coordinator, Consulting and Social Venture Partners
- Close Date
- February 28th, 2020
Mission Capital is seeking a Program Coordinator to join our Social Venture Partner and Consulting Services Team. Since 2001, Mission Capital has provided nonprofit consulting services to organizations throughout Central Texas. We know the challenges non-profits face and how to best address them. As a team, we bring a unique, holistic perspective into the social sector. Our approach is guided by nationally-recognized best practices and the most up-to-date research. We have a team of experts in every practice area of nonprofit management, including strategic planning, board development, change management, organizational dynamics, mergers and more.
The Program Coordinator will join the efforts of staff and board to deliver on our mission to equip and connect mission-driven leaders, organizations and networks working to advance equity and opportunity. Supervised by the Director of Consulting and Social Venture Partners (SVP), this role will work closely with the entire Consulting team, the SVP Council, and oftentimes with others within the broader organization.
The ideal candidate is excited about working at Mission Capital and possesses a strong desire to play a supportive role in ensuring the success of the SVP Program and Consulting Services. This individual will bring a strong customer service orientation and project management skills to support a high-functioning team of consultants and the SVP Program. They will also be flexible in nature and enjoy switching between projects and activities. This is a newly scoped hybrid position, ideal for one who thrives in a fast-paced, engaging, and multi-function role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Consulting Services Administrative Support (45%)
- Serve as first point of contact for all incoming consulting inquiries
- Arrange logistics and provide occasional on-site support for consulting client engagements
- Provide support to consultants for project specific deliverables including surveys, scheduling, data analysis, and benchmarking
- Provide administrative services to support consulting team including project evaluations, contract processing, and proposal development as well as assisting with business development for the department
- Work with the consulting team to ensure all data is recorded timely and accurately in Salesforce
- Support coordination of cross-functional team initiatives including Strategy and Sustainability and Revenue Generator
- Provide consulting operations support including program budgets, capacity tracking, materials inventory, and other duties as assigned.
Social Venture Partners Program Administrative Support (45%)
- Serve as first point of contact for all incoming SVP inquiries
- Provide logistical support for all SVP meetings and events
- Support the recruitment, onboarding, and renewals of SVP members
- Assist with SVP-related events including event logistics, scheduling, and invitations
- Work with the Director to ensure all member data is recorded timely and accurately in Salesforce
- Coordinate onboarding of new partners and renewal of existing partners, ensuring appropriate and timely management.
- Provide administrative services to Director of SVP & Consulting and SVP Council including payment processing, reporting, and other duties as assigned
- Participate as a full member of the Mission Capital team, adhering to core values
- Attend all-staff meetings, participate at Mission Capital events, and coordinate collaborative activities with other departments as needed
- Identify and participate in other professional development opportunities as identified by the Coordinator with support from the Director of Consulting Services
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understands and values equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Aligned values and beliefs with the mission of Mission Capital and a strong interest in learning about the Central Texas nonprofit community
- Proven record of supporting high-functioning teams and managing multiple projects.
- A respectful, inclusive and collaborative approach to fostering partnerships with diverse stakeholders, both internal and external
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced, fluid environment with multiple goals and deadlines
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, strong problem solver, analytical, systems thinker, innovative, and collaborative
- A combination of education and experience in project management, customer service relations, and administrative support.
- Proven experience working with data management software and Microsoft Office products
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in administrative coordination
- Experience working with skills-based volunteers and donors.
- Working knowledge of the Central Texas nonprofit landscape
- Background in business, marketing, consulting, or related areas of expertise
- Skills in Salesforce and project management software
Reports To: This position reports to the Director of Consulting and SVP
Position Status: This is a full time, non-exempt position with a competitive benefits package.
Salary: The base salary starts at $18.50/hour, and is negotiable depending on experience.
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2020
Mission Capital is an equal opportunity employer.
Mission Capital recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information or gender identity. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including, but not limited to: people of color, LGBTQ-identifying people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
We have a clear vision: A Central Texas where all have access to opportunity and can thrive; and we believe that begins with us.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We pledge to provide an environment of mutual respect where equitable opportunities are available to all and staff feel comfortable being their authentic selves.
We are committed to addressing systemic issues and inequities and are focused on advancing equity in our work both internally and externally. We have courageous conversations, apply a race equity lens to our work and hold ourselves accountable to the mistakes we will make by learning from them and correcting course with enhanced understanding.
To apply, please submit the following as PDFs through the online application (see the button at the top of this page that says "Apply for This Job!"):
- Cover letter, including three references (Your references will not be contacted before you are informed).